struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hookom, Jacob" <Jacob.Hoo...@redline.mckhboc.com>
Subject RE: [OT] thick client functionality in the browser
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:35:00 GMT
Look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/ref
erence/objects.asp

Click on one of the tag headings and the properties/attributes are in a
table with scrolling... something kinda like you are describing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Zammetti [mailto:fzammett@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 9:24 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: [OT] thick client functionality in the browser

I believe the scrolling table body functionality is only currently supported

in Netscape 7 and Mozilla anyway.  If I'm wrong, if you can show me an
example that works in IE, I would name my next child after you :)  I've been

trying for a while to find a way to have a header section stay put, and
there's of course the scripted "jump back to the top when the page scrolls"
trick, but you have issues getting the proper column widths then.  I know
about putting a <thead> seciton in the table, but I think IE only honors
that when printing, so that a multi-page table will have the headers on each

page, but I don't think it matters to on-screen rendering.  Am I wrong?

Frank