struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hookom, Jacob" <Jacob.Hoo...@redline.mckhboc.com>
Subject RE: Rendering Images
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:52:22 GMT
We have the same environment and simply put a filter on the image web app to
catch *.jpg, then your main app doesn't have any logic to worry about, or
even "pre-fetch" images every time which would be a HUGE waste of resources.

-----Original Message-----
From: CRANFORD, CHRIS [mailto:chris.cranford@setechusa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 3:44 PM
To: 'user@struts.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Rendering Images

Ken,

That is what I'd like to do.   Have an image which is rendered in the case
when the defined image cannot be loaded.  the problem I have is that our
database record says that an image should exist, but the
manufacturer/supplier didn't provide it to us... thus I need a way to check
if that image does exist to test that condition.

thanks,
chris

ps - these images are maintained by a second webapp that is on a different
web server all together due to space requirements.  so i have to do testing
via a HTTP request or something i would think, no?