struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hookom, Jacob" <Jacob.Hoo...@redline.mckhboc.com>
Subject RE: [OT] RE: Rendering Images
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:58:43 GMT
Actually, I think you can do this pretty easily with CSS...

Do all your images have the same dimensions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 4:34 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [OT] RE: Rendering Images

> From: mike [mailto:mike@michaelmcgrady.com]
> I deliver all resources with the following code (you have to
> fill in some
> details).  You can easily see where you can test for the
> availablitlity of
> the image.  Anyway, you can always test with, as I said
> before the exists() method of the File class.

Except that he said the images live on a different web server, which I
took to mean that the file system was not accessible directly, the only
way to get to the images is with the URL.

The only thing I'm coming up with is a Servlet that would use the URL to
read in the bytes of the image, and either send them as the response, or
else read in the 'not found' image and send that.

It just doesn't seem very efficient, and I think it should be pushed off
onto the web server rather than the Servlet container.  With a million
items, I'm guessing this is not running on a single Tomcat instance...

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.