struts-user mailing list archives

From "James Neville" <james.nevi...@babcockbrown.com>
Subject RE: how to check if html:errors will display anything
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:52:18 GMT
Well, I was using this tag earlier in the week. (We've been trying to stay away from any Struts
specific tags until recently too - we're locked in now anyway,  so we might as well).

It seemed when I was setting errors, the jsp I forwarded to would not show them. I tried adding
a message, and then both were shown.
I came to the conclusion (maybe I little rashly) that 'messagesPresent' solely checked for
messages; upon reading that snippet of the docs, it appears i'm wrong.

I did actually attempt to use the tag with <logic: messagesPresent messages="false|true">
in the hope that I could modify the behaviour, but to no avail.

I think i'll grab the logic tag source and work out what is *actually* happening here ;)

Cheers,

James.