struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lucas Gonzalez Pearson" <lucas.gonza...@convergia.com.ar>
Subject Re: Extending Request Processor
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:19:12 GMT
I have this in my struts-config.xml file..

    <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
        <set-property property="definitions-config"
value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
        <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true"/>
        <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true"/>
    </plug-in>

it´s strange.. everything seems to be normal..

but another thing I found out was that the problem arises when I hot-deploy
the .war file...

If I restart the jboss / tomcat , then the error is thrown, but the App
still works..

strange.. =/

----- Original Message -----
From: "Venkat Maddipati" <vmaddipati@Hyperion.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 6:00 PM
Subject: RE: Extending Request Processor

Try to put include the following in your struts configuratin file
(struts-config.xml). Follow the  comments to understand the Tiles plugin :

I have also extended my RequesteProcessor class from TilesRequestProcessor
class.

  <!-- ========== Tiles plugin ===================  -->
  <!--
-->
  <!--
     This plugin initialize Tiles definition factory. This later can takes
some
parameters explained here after. The plugin first read parameters
from web.xml, then
overload them with parameters defined here. All parameters are
optional.
The plugin should be declared in each struts-config file.
       - definitions-config: (optional)
            Specify configuration file names. There can be several comma
    separated file names (default: ?? )
       - moduleAware: (optional - struts1.1)
            Specify if the Tiles definition factory is module aware. If true
(default),
there will be one factory for each Struts module.
If false, there will be one common factory for all
module. In this later case,
it is still needed to declare one plugin per module.
The factory will be
initialized with parameters found in the first
initialized plugin (generally the
one associated with the default module).
  true : One factory per module. (default)
  false : one single shared factory for all modules
   - definitions-parser-validate: (optional)
        Specify if xml parser should validate the Tiles
configuration file.
  true : validate. DTD should be specified in file
header. (default)
  false : no validation

  Paths found in Tiles definitions are relative to the main context.
  -->
  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin" >
    <set-property property="definitions-config"
                 value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml" />
    <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
    <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true" />
  </plug-in>

Thanks,
Venkat