struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas De Loof" <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: Not possible to attach 2 (or more) parameters from 2 different beans to an html:link?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 16:07:12 GMT

You have to set a map of parameters to add to the link.

You may create the map in an action prior to your JSP, or use this in your JSP (if you use
JSTL) :

<jsp:useBean id="myLinkParams" class="java.util.HashMap"/>

<c:set target="${myLinkParams}" property="param1" value="${user.id}"/>

<c:set target="${myLinkParams}" property="param2" value="${module.name}"/>

click me !

Nico.

> Hello listers. I sent an email about a week ago and haven't heard a blip. So I guess
this simply isn't possible? If I
have a bean "user" and another "module" and want to attach a property from each to an html:link
tag, how do I do it?

> As I understand it if I simply put "paramName" it will include ALL properties for that
bean, which I don't need. But
if I put "paramName", "paramProperty" and "paramId" twice, once for each bean/property, it
only attaches one!

> Is there some way I can create a "custom" bean ... in the page, put the two properties
I need inside it, and pass *it*
to the html:link with "paramName" ?

Our name has changed.  Please update your address book to the following format: "recipient@capgemini.com".