struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ellingson, David" <David.Elling...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Submitting Indexed Properties and List Size/Resize
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:48:08 GMT
Atta,

I was going to resize in the setter out of caution since I'm not familiar
enough with when the getter and setter is called in Struts.  You may be
right that I don't have to do it in the setter.  Thanks for validating my
thoughts.  It looks like it works.

Thanks,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: atta-ur rehman [mailto:attar@numetrics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 3:33 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Submitting Indexed Properties and List Size/Resize

Hello Dave,

I think you're pretty close! I don't see why do you have to resize the list
in the setter though? Here is what I've done and it works:

public BlockEffort getBlock(int index) {
  while (blockEffortList.size() <= index) {
   blockEffortList.add(new BlockEffort());
  }
  return (BlockEffort) blockEffortList.get(index);
 }

 public void setBlock(int index, BlockEffort block) {
  this.blockEffortList.add(index, block);
 }

Now, maybe more struts-knowledgable can add something to my 2 c!

ATTA