struts-user mailing list archives

From Don Brown <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplifying struts-config.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:57:41 GMT
Yes, this is the exact use case for the wildcard feature.  The search
order when trying to find an action mapping goes 'exact match' ->
'wildcard in order listed' -> 'unknown'.  Therefore, you could define
several generic wildcard mappings to match most requests but still be
able to write specific action mappings for special cases.

Don

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:01:50 -0400, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> One thing people do is setup the unknown action
>
> <action
>  type='com.crackwillow.struts.action.ForwardToForwardAction'
> unknown=true />
>
> The ForwardToForwardToAction would example the request to see what path was requested
and extract it for use with your ForwardAction.