struts-user mailing list archives

From Caroline Jen <jiapei_...@yahoo.com>
Subject JSP Compilation Problems With JSTL Tags Used
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:30:48 GMT
My JSP worked well when I used JSP expressions,
scriptlets, ....  I tried to use JSTL instead and
encountered some compilation problems.  I am unable to
see my mistakes and need help:

Problme #1:
[code]
int offset = 0;
try
{
   <c:set var="offset" value="${requestScope.offset}"
/>
}
catch ( Exception e )
{
    // do nothing
}
[/code]

The above code has two compilation errors:

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

illegal start of expression
   <c:set var="offset" value="${requestScope.offset}"
/>
   ^

Generated servlet error:
';' expected
   <c:set var="offset" value="${requestScope.offset}"
/>

 ^
Problem #2:
[code]
<c:set var="threadBean"
value="${requestScope.ThreadBean}" />
int threadID_int = ParamUtil.getParameterInt( request,
"thread" );
<c:if test="${threadBean.threadID} != threadID_int">
    throw new AssertionException( "The two threadID
are not the same." );
</c:if>
[/code]

Generated servlet error: