struts-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hoven <ghov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Date validation help
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:33:06 GMT
We have a need to accept dates entered on a form in either "mm/dd/yyyy" or "mm-dd-yyyy" formats,
depending on how the user keys it in.  (Not our choice to support both formats.)

We'd like to use the Struts Validator to validate the dates with the validateDate() method.
 We haven't been able to figure out how to configure the validator to accept either format,
and would appreciate help in pointing out how to do it.  Or letting us know if it's not possible
right out of the box, and that we'd need to write our own validator.