struts-user mailing list archives

From Juan Alvarado <juan110...@yahoo.com>
Subject nested tags and bean population
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:13:13 GMT
In my form bean I have an array list called categories that contains objects of type Category.
Each Category object contains an array list of Steps.

So in my jsp I am rendering this relation as follows:

<nested:iterate indexId='idx' name='auditmaster' property='categories' id='cat' type='com.securance.vo.ApStepCategoryVO'>
                <h3><nested:write property='category'/></h3>
    <nested:iterate name='cat' property='steps' id='step' type='com.securance.vo.ApStepVO'>
                  <nested:textarea property='step' cols='65' rows='2'/><br>
    </nested:iterate>
   </nested:iterate>

First I iterate through the Category array list and then for each Category I iterate through
the steps array list in each category. This renders just fine. The problem is that when a
user edits each step and submits the form, only the stesp for the first Category get updated.
The rest remain unchanged. I need for the user to be able to edit everything and then submit
the form and have the edits be reflected in this nested relationship.

Thanks in advance