struts-user mailing list archives

From "Prakasan OK" <ok_praka...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Display Arabic Data in Database in JSP
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:01:20 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

I have some data in the page that needs to be displayed in english and one field to be displayed
in arabic in the same jsp page.If I set the encoding to match with arabic is it possible to
display the data in english properly?

any idea???

thanks ,
Prakasan

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 ron1 wrote :
>I am not sure if it solves the problem, but you can set an HTML META tag in your HTML
header, defining the encoding.
>Your response also has an encoding, so you can also set that - if you use both, it might
solve the problem.
>I am not sure where is the propper place instruts to set the response encoding - I would
guess it would be in a custom Controller class, if you need it for the whole application.
If its only for one page... hmm...
>Cheers,
>und Salam Aleykum,
>Ron
>

>Prakasan OK wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have some arabic data in my oracle database and I need to display this in my jsp
page.When I select the value from the databse I am getting the ascii value like this(ÅäÌáíÒí).How
can I convert this to original arabic value and display in my jsp page.