struts-user mailing list archives

From "Prakasan OK" <ok_praka...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Display Arabic Data in Database in JSP
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 04:15:07 GMT
Hi Ron,

Once again thanks a lot for ur prompt reply.
can u tell me what is the encoding i should use to display the content in arabic and english
in the same jsp page? It would be really helpful if u can give me a sample code snippet.

Thanks,
Prakasan

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 ron1 wrote :
>Prakasan OK wrote:
>>Thanks for the reply.
>>I have some data in the page that needs to be displayed in english and one field to
be displayed in arabic in the same jsp page.If I set the encoding to match with arabic is
it possible to display the data in english properly?

>yes.
>

>>any idea???
>>
>>thanks ,
>>Prakasan
>>
>>On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 ron1 wrote :
>>
>>>I am not sure if it solves the problem, but you can set an HTML META tag in your
HTML header, defining the encoding.
>>>Your response also has an encoding, so you can also set that - if you use both,
it might solve the problem.
>>>I am not sure where is the propper place instruts to set the response encoding
- I would guess it would be in a custom Controller class, if you need it for the whole application.
If its only for one page... hmm...
>>>Cheers,
>>>und Salam Aleykum,
>>>Ron

my jsp page.When I select the value from the databse I am getting the ascii value like this(ÅäÌáíÒí).How
can I convert this to original arabic value and display in my jsp page.