struts-user mailing list archives

From "raj eev lochanam" <raj_e...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Single argument to multiple vaildator rules ?
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:38:21 GMT

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 Kishore Senji wrote :
>If you don't specify the name attribute for arg0, it will become the
>default arg value for the different error messages constructed.
>
>so, use <arg0  key="key1"/>
>
>Thanks,
>Kishore Senji.
>

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:06:18 +0530, ravi.vedala@wipro.com
><ravi.vedala@wipro.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi friends,
> >
> >    I have the following requirement.
> >
> > <field property="XYZ" depends="required,mask,intRange">
> >    <msg name="required" key="key1"/>
> >    <msg name="mask" key="key2"/>
> >    <msg name="intRange" key="key3"/>
> >    <arg0 name="required" key="key1"/>       // How to pass this argument to
all the validtor rules ?
> > </field>
> > Where the keys in the application.properties read :
> >
> > key1=Hello {0} world {1}
> > key2=Hi {0} world {1}
> > key3=Dear {0} world {1}
> >
> > Help would be really appreciated.
> >
> > regds
> > Ravi
> >
> > Confidentiality Notice
> >
> > The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended
> > for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If
> > you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com
immediately
> > and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Hello Kishore Senji,
   Thank you for your help. But it has not solved my problem.

<field property="qualityViewSearch"
depends="required,qualityViewSearch">
<arg0 key="form.qualityViewSearch"/>
</field>

<validator name="qualityViewSearch"
classname="com.ecc.Quality.QualityFormBean.QualityViewValidatorRules"
method="validateQualityViewSearch" methodParams="java.lang.Object,
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
msg="errors.qualityViewSearch">
</validator>

This is what i have given. Here qualityViewSearch is the name of multibox, depends you will
know that, form is ActionForm name which, i have spacified in struts-config.xml file. com.ecc.Quality.QualityFormBean.QualityViewValidatorRules
is my custom validation rules java class & it is in that package. One more thing is that,
i am running my product in weblogic8.1. Please help me out in this.

Please help me out in this. In my company no one knows the struts & moreover no one is
helping here. Simply they are blemming me on this,

Rajeev Lochanam A