struts-user mailing list archives

From <tiwari.raj...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: executeBatch
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 04:41:19 GMT

Did you experiment breaking the batch to 2-3 packs? (500-800 in one go).

- regards

Raj
(+91-11-31261821)

-----Original Message-----
From: Shailender Jain [mailto:shailender.jain@teleatlas.com]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 10:07 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: executeBatch

Hi,

I want to insert some 3000 records in the database.

I  tried using executeBatch()  to insert all the records at a go.
But the application gets hang and nothing happens.

When i try using PreparedStatement then it does work and just takes some
30 seconds.
I am using Informix as the database and the DriverClass in ifxjdbc.jar.
I checked the specification of the driver
and it promises to be jdbc2.0  compliant.

Any idea on how to improve the performance?

Regards
Shailender Jain

Confidentiality Notice

intended