struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bryan Hunt <ad...@revoltingdigits.com>
Subject Re: unable to set html-el:link parameters
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:29:36 GMT
Cheers Mark,
You were correct, it is now working. Here is the correct code

snip=
<c:forEach var="properties" items="${rentalPropertiesSelection}">
 <c:set var="property" value="${properties.value}"></c:set>
 <tr>
   <td>
      <c:out value="${property.id}"/>
    <html-el:link paramId="id" paramName="property" paramProperty="id" 
action="/client-property-view-for-rent-action" >
   <c:out value='${property.name}'/></html-el:link>
      </td>
 </tr>
 </c:forEach>
=snip

I can't help but think that the workings of this tag are a little 
convoluted.

--b



Mark Lowe wrote:

> opps..
>
>
> You need to access a method in you ForRentalProperty class if there's 
> a getId() method then add paramProperty="id"
>
>
>
>
> On 1 Jul 2004, at 19:17, Mark Lowe wrote:
>
>> Seeing as you're using jstl, there's more that one way but you might
>>
>> <c:url var="link" value="/client-property-view-for-rent-action">
>>     <c:param name="id" value="${property}" />
>> </c:url>
>> <a href="<c:out value="${link}" />">
>>
>> or perhaps
>>
>> <html-el:link href="${link}">
>>
>> But i haven't used the htm-el lib in a while so could be wrong.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>
>>
>> On 24 Jun 2004, at 19:06, Bryan Hunt wrote:
>>
>>> Good evening list users.
>>>
>>> I have been trying to get html-el to work with JSTL in order to 
>>> create a hyperlink. I am
>>> getting the following error message
>>>
>>> [ServletException in:/client/basket.jsp] Cannot find bean 
>>> ie.jestate.bo.property.ForRentalProperty@1504a84 in any scope'
>>>
>>> Here is the code.
>>>
>>> snip=
>>>  <c:forEach var="properties" items="${rentalPropertiesSelection}">
>>>  <c:set var="property" value="${properties.value}"></c:set>
>>>  <tr>
>>>    <td>
>>>       <c:out value="${property.id}"/>
>>>     <html-el:link paramId="id" paramName="${property}" 
>>> action="/client-property-view-for-rent-action" >
>>>    <c:out value='${property.name}'/></html-el:link>
>>>       </td>
>>>  </tr>
>>>  </c:forEach>
>>> =snip
>>>
>>> The ${property.id} is printed out just fine.
>>>
>>> The ${property.name} is printed out just fine.
>>>
>>> I am slowly going nuts, I've been trying to get this to work for 
>>> hours now. I've never spent so much time on a hyperlink
>>> in my life ... ;-)  Is this a abnormal behavior or do I just stay up 
>>> past my bedtime to ofter ?
>>>
>>> --b
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org


Mime
View raw message