struts-user mailing list archives

From "James A. Hillyerd" <ja...@activerain.com>
Subject bean:write throws "Wrong format string"
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:41:35 GMT
I'm having a problem rendering a number using the bean write tag, I'm
using Struts 1.1.

This is the offending JSP code:

<bean:write name="l" property="lp" formatKey="format.integer"/>

Here is the format entry in my appliation.resources:

format.integer=###,###,###,##0

This is the exception that gets logged:

2004-07-05 12:21:34 StandardWrapperValve[default]: Servlet.service() for
servlet default threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Wrong format string: '###,###,###,##0'
         at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.formatValue(WriteTag.java:376)
         at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.doStartTag(WriteTag.java:292)

The strange part is that this particular JSP page always works for me,
but I still see a large number of exceptions in my logfile.  When I
compare the time of the exception to my access log, I see that the
people that trigger the exception are coming from other locales (such as
China).

My application is not localized, and since it's a site that lists US
homes for sale, I don't plan to make alternate language versions anytime
soon!

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

-james