struts-user mailing list archives

From FlyingElvi <FlyingE...@punkass.com>
Subject Input with name different than bean name property
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:06:36 GMT
Hi !

I wanted to know if there was any direct way to use a input field
getting the value from a request bean that has a different property name
than the form bean.

for example : Form Bean has 2 property id and parentId

in my JSP page request I have 2 objects of the same type and I want to
populate the input field with the Id of both objects.

my CHILD OBJECT has a method getId()
work because I need to call getId()
                                                         // and not
getParentId().

So is there any way to get it directly without having to do something
like this ?
<bean:define id="parentId" name="PARENT_OBJECT" property="id"/>

Thanks