struts-user mailing list archives

From "alu, artifex" <apache-u...@artifex.co.at>
Subject Re: advice needed: view+form needs data from an action
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:34:33 GMT

thanks paul, but i'll keep asking the database. i only thought this
wouldn't be possible (to perform an action
after validation failes) - it is, of course, possible to specifiy an
action as input for another action.

thanks for your time

regards
art

Paul McCulloch wrote:

>You need to remember the values for your dropdowns between requests if you
>don't want to keep asking the database. There are two places you could store
>this - in session or in application scope. You need to decide which is more
>appropriate.
>
>HTH,
>
>Paul

addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person),
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this
message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email
messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by my Company or employer unless otherwise
indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.
>WARNING:
>While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being transmitted
via electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee that attachments do not contain computer
virus code.  You are therefore strongly advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing
the attachment to this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no warranties regarding
performance use or quality of any attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage
howsoever caused.