struts-user mailing list archives

From sirhck <sir...@wp.pl>
Subject struts-faces with modules example
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:39:22 GMT
Hi All,

I am looking for example of using struts-faces library with
struts-modules feature
Is it already possible to use struts modules with struts-faces library?
Have anybody any experience with this matter ?

I tried to build that application by extending example2 application
(from struts-faces CVS module) but I failed
There were problems with calling action from JSF page stored in struts
module.

I defined action 'sampleAction' in module 'module1'  The JSF page
'samplePage.jsp' was rendered by the module but despite this
I had following exception when I submited action from that page:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find action '/sampleAction'
configuration
org.apache.struts.faces.component.FormComponent.createActionForm(FormComponent.java:191)

org.apache.struts.faces.component.FormComponent.createActionForm(FormComponent.java:191)

I think Struts cannot recognize this action as module action because
there is no prefix with module name in submited uri.
Below I attached a fragment of HTML source from rendered JSF page
samplePage.jsp

<form action="/webapp/jsp/layout.faces" class="form" method="post">

The submit of form is delegated to  "/jsp/layout.faces" page (this is
the page of root tiles definition which inserts definition with page
samplePage.jsp)
Action path is retrieved in RequestProcessor from FormComponent (in
processPath method)

I would be grateful for any help, best regards,
    Chris