struts-user mailing list archives

From Brett Connor <brettcon...@spamcop.net>
Subject Re: Not Logged in with the same loggin-password if it is already registered.
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:46:46 GMT
AFAIK session timeout is the only notification you can get here. There
are undoubtedly some wacky things we can do with javascript - reduce the
session timeout to a small value and include some javascript polling in
every page or something along those lines, but at the end of the day it
comes down to a timeout. The session listener will be called for any
session created / destroyed as soon as the container is aware itself.
Brett

Robert Miller wrote:

>How do you handle the situation where the user closes the browser without logging out
(the windows "X" is not always our friend ;)  ).  I am not familiar with the SessionListener.
Would it help in some way?
>Robert

>Exactly! Or use HttpSessionlistener and database solution (that jim outlined) simultaneously..
>
>(We are doing almost this except as a solution to a kind of "opposite" problem - when
a user logs off we need to do soem work so.. this seems to work nicely)