struts-user mailing list archives

From "Veit, Dominic" <Dominic_V...@centraltechnology.net>
Subject Struts validation cancel button -
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:13:40 GMT
Does anyone know how I can implement a cancel button, so that it will skip
validation, and submit to the action on the form.

I am having problems getting it to work, because it wants to validate the
form first.  I would like to have a base action that can handle cancel
forwards, that all other form actions would inherit from.  I could do this
by having the cancel button do a redirect in the JSP, but I don't want to do
this unless what I am trying to do is impossible or too difficult.

Dominic Veit

Programmer, Information Services

Central Technology Services

2100 Stewart Drive

Jefferson City MO, 65101

dominic_veit@centraltechnology.net
<mailto:dominic_veit@centraltechnology.net>

(573) 634-5600 x1872

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.