struts-user mailing list archives

From "Raghuram Kanadam" <Suryaprakash_Kana...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Clear actionerrors in formbeans?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:24:49 GMT
I'm not sure James, you could set return an empty error object from your form and not save
the errors in your action!
If you're using validator plugin then you would probably hide these errors on clicking reset

:)

-----Original Message-----
From: hermitgeek [mailto:templer@ureach.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 5:28 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Clear actionerrors in formbeans?

Is there any way to clear actionerrors in your formbean resetNow
method? For example once the logon form has been forwarded to itself
displaying errors such as an incorrect password format I would like
the user to be able to hit reset and it sets the form back to its
original state. No errors, null for user name and password. As of now
resetNow only nulls out the values before submit has been pressed. Any
suggestions? Right now I am catching a cancel button in my action
class and forwarding to the login page with redirect=true to get a new
request.  This seemes clunky.

James