struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: Re: Why does <html:submit> work differently than <html:link action="">?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:35:19 GMT
Hi, Andrew:

If you are going to show HTML try the <pre> tag and change the HTML tags
with "&lt;" and "&gt;" instead of  < and >.

What you are doing, Andrew, is not clear to me.  You have talked about
using <html:link> instead of <html:submit> to submit a form.  I have no
idea why you would ever think these two would work the same.  Ultimately,
Struts tags must become standard HTML, of course.  The <link> HTML tag is
simply not meant to be a substitute for the <input type='submit'> HTML
tag.  You also talk about other things.  I guess I missed the thread of
this conversation early, but the latter part seems somewhat goofy to me.  I
don't mean it IS goofy, of course, but just that what you are saying sounds
strange.  Why use <link> for a submission of a form?  I don't think <link>
ever submits a form, does it?

Michael