struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject RE: Re: Why does <html:submit> work differently than <html:link a ction="">?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:58:41 GMT
At 10:40 AM 7/28/2004, you wrote:
>Michael, I use this approach fairly often.
>
>A typical scenario would be an order confirmation screen where the user can
>enter delivery details and remove items from their shopping basket (by
>clicking on a hyperlink). It is important that any details the user enters
>into the form are not lost when they remove an item.
>
>Paul

I overstated this, Paul, because I think that a lot of people think they
have to do it this way.  In fact, there are other design patterns for this
problem situation which work better and make more sense.  There is no need
to use either links or javascript to submit the results of user activity in
these cases.

Michael