struts-user mailing list archives

From Twan Kogels <t...@twansoft.com>
Subject ActionForward with runtime parameter?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:19:41 GMT
Hello people,

I've started my first project with struts. It's working fine, clean and
quick. But i have a question regarding actionforwards and parameters to the
path.

I have a form; when the user submits the form i forward the user to another
page. This page requires one parameter (?id=x) to function. Now i use a
code like:

return new
ActionForward(mapping.findForward("success").getPath()+"?id="+glform.getGroep());

to forward and add a parameter. The forward "success" contains the url to
the page without parameters (/page.do). I then append the "id=" parameter
and create a new ActionForward.

The value of the id= parameter is only known when the user submits the
form. So i cannot put the id parameter in the struts-config.xml file.

Is the above code the best and cleanest way to do the thing i want to do?

Cheers,
Twan Kogels