struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: 1.2.0 release plan?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:25:52 GMT
> From: Emmanouil Batsis [mailto:Emmanouil.Batsis@eurodyn.com]
> Can someone please point to a blurry date regarding the
> release plan for 1.2.0?

It was released in February. ;)  They're working on 1.2.1 right now, if
you look at the recent archives of the dev list, you'll see that it
could be this week!  But that's just the release, it's not guaranteed to
get voted stable or general availability or whatever they call it now.
Maybe it will, or maybe there will be 1.2.3 or 1.2.4.  (I hope not, but
it could happen.)

> I cannot deploy a non-release version (and stuff like
> wildcards) in a production environment.

Suit yourself... The recent nightlies are incredibly stable, and if they
tag and release 1.2.1 on Wednesday, you will be missing a couple of days
of minor changes.  In development, I routinely grab last night's code
each morning, and when I'm ready to release, well, whatever nightly is
in there gets launched along with my code.  And why not?  It's been
tested all along.  If asked, I look them straight in the eye and say I'm
using "Struts 1.2".  Then again, I'm a development team of one, and the
powers that be don't bug me about things like that, they merely want
working web applications. ;)

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.