struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kransen, J." <j.kran...@srn.minjus.nl>
Subject [OT] How to do Xalan parsing of XML file retrieved with HTTP?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:46:56 GMT
Hello,

I have a .jsp that outputs a XML file. I have another .jsp in which I want
to parse the XML file using an XSL file. So in the latter .jsp I want to do
something like this:

<textarea><%

String xslFile = getServletContext().getRealPath("/xml/risc2cvs.xsl");

Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xslFile));

// write the content of the parsed XML file
transformer.transform(new
StreamSource("http://localhost/risc/readonly.jsp"), new StreamResult(out));

%></textarea>

However, when I do this, I get the following error message:

The element type "base" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

With this stack trace:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The element type "base" must be
terminated by the matching end-tag "".
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.fatalError(TransformerImpl.java
:744)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:
720)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:
1192)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:
1170)
	at
org.apache.jsp.cvs_005fuittreksel_jsp._jspService(cvs_005fuittreksel_jsp.jav
a:109)

When instead I try to parse a local XML file, there are no problems:
String xmlFile = getServletContext().getRealPath("/xml/temp.xml");
transformer.transform(new StreamSource(xmlFile), new StreamResult(out));

But then, when I try to parse the very same file as accessed through HTTP, I
get the very same error:
transformer.transform(new
StreamSource("http://localhost/risc/xml/temp.xml"), new StreamResult(out));

I was thinking that maybe the HTTP headers aren't stripped before the
parsing. Does anybody know what to do here?

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen