struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Lee" <brian_a_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] how to calculate the size of an object
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:06:19 GMT
If you run this from a simple console test app, the JVM won't allocate any
extra objects between 2 and 4.

Unfortunatly, this is the most exact way to find out memory usage
(serialization size doesn't necessarily mean in memory size).

Just wait til those slackers at Sun at a Object.sizeof() method in jdk1.9 or
something lame.

BAL