struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pilgrim, Peter" <peter.pilg...@csfb.com>
Subject RE: application configuration
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:44:16 GMT

Agreed +1

Basically this is the same I am persuaded to. I written some Digester
stuff in the past for simple and complex XML configuration

I have a simple property file for a service layer.

org.foobar.somelayer.MyPOJI = org.foobar.somelayer.impl.MyPOJOImpl

"MyPOJI" is a service Java interface.

"MyPOJOImpl" is a concreate java class that implements the service "MyPOJI"

I can easily turn this into a XML file or allow a light weight framework
to load. Such a simple service layer could load up the service implementations
and stick in the application scope where Struts action (or Expresso
Controllers)
can get them. I have come around to the thinking that Business Delegate
and Service Locator can be overfluous ( I have been reading Rod Johnson's
new book also).

The problem is that I want my services to be lazy loaded. If there
a complex service that pulls in XYZ number of Java class, very resource
intensive, or is generally particular heavy, then I dont want all of
my service to "spring" into life.

Is there any IoC frameworks out there that do lazy loading?
Or has anyone on the knowledgeable Struts user done something like this?

Tia

==////==

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,