struts-user mailing list archives

From Kailash Vasani <Kaila...@quinnox.com>
Subject RE: ActionForward with runtime parameter?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:29:14 GMT
Hi,

Set id and it's value in request object and just forward to
mapping.findForward("success").
In ur target page (where u r forwarding), get the value for parameter (id)
from request object.

that should do the trick

Kailash

-----Original Message-----
From: Twan Kogels [mailto:twan@twansoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 5:50 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: ActionForward with runtime parameter?

Hello people,

I've started my first project with struts. It's working fine, clean and
quick. But i have a question regarding actionforwards and parameters to the
path.

I have a form; when the user submits the form i forward the user to another
page. This page requires one parameter (?id=x) to function. Now i use a
code like:

return new
ActionForward(mapping.findForward("success").getPath()+"?id="+glform.getGroe
p());

to forward and add a parameter. The forward "success" contains the url to
the page without parameters (/page.do). I then append the "id=" parameter
and create a new ActionForward.

The value of the id= parameter is only known when the user submits the
form. So i cannot put the id parameter in the struts-config.xml file.

Is the above code the best and cleanest way to do the thing i want to do?

Cheers,
Twan Kogels