struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: Not Logged in with the same loggin-password if it is already registered.
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:29:22 GMT
Ricardo,

I can't think of any easy way to do that strictly within JAAS, but you
didn't write if you were using JAAS.

If you are using an Account object (of some sort) in the Session context,
here is an idea for you:

Have an application-scope object containing a map of usernames (or id
numbers).  The object returned is a reference to the Account object in that
user's session.  If you login a second time, reset the stored Account object
to a blank user and/or blank id number so no actions will work with that ID
number, then put the newly logged-in users's Account object in the map
instead.

You could design your own RequestProcessor.processRoles() method to see if
the Application context as an Account object for that user with a blank user
or blank id number then kick out a message explaining that the account has
been logged off due to a login from another location or for another session.
That would provide a more polite explanation of why the user was logged out,
rather than him/her simply losing their session for unknown reasons.

If you're using JAAS, this could work in conjunction with it depending on
how you code it.

Regards,
David