struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: How to extract columnNames values
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:48:42 GMT
Indra,

I believe you want the latest verion of Hibernate which has some Metadata
available which should have the column names.  I've never used it so you
might want to check out the hibernate forums on hibernate.org.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Indra Gunawan [mailto:igunawan@balicamp.com]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 2:27 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: How to extract columnNames values

Dear Hibernate Users,

I want to write a component or hopefully find one if there is any that can
create a Swing table model based on query results . I could achieve this
using resultset metadata (jdbc brute force way) . And I want to use
Hibernate to do the same .

But the difficulty is Hibernate uses POJO classes . Then one thing came up :
reflection ... but I tend to not using it as reflection will consume
processing time more . How can I extract column names and all values in it ?
... I do really hope Hibernate provides a method that will give Map object
that wraps column names along with its values .

Thanks

Indra