struts-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Ryan" <matt...@matthewryan.info>
Subject RE: executeBatch
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:12:27 GMT
I had to insert 1,300,000 records the other day in one hit. first I used
Statements, then PreparedStatements, both took time.

Then I just used piped the files in from the shell. The difference was
unbelievable. Do you have to use Java?

If it is a one-time, hit and run, get them in there, then you might consider
going straight to the shell. In my case it was a change over of systems with
a dump of one to go straight into the other. A one time deal.

Otherwise, best of luck.

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Shailender Jain [mailto:shailender.jain@teleatlas.com]
Sent: Monday, 26 July 2004 2:37 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: executeBatch

Hi,

I want to insert some 3000 records in the database.

I  tried using executeBatch()  to insert all the records at a go.
But the application gets hang and nothing happens.

When i try using PreparedStatement then it does work and just takes some
30 seconds.
I am using Informix as the database and the DriverClass in ifxjdbc.jar.
I checked the specification of the driver
and it promises to be jdbc2.0  compliant.

Any idea on how to improve the performance?

Regards
Shailender Jain