struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: application configuration
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:26:06 GMT
I tend to put such things in XML files rather than properties files
nowadays.

When the app starts up I have a plugin read the files and create
configuration objects (using Digester), and put these objects into the
servlet context (application scope) where my code can get at them easily.

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org]On Behalf Of j h
Sent: Thursday, 8 July 2004 19:23
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: application configuration

If there are specific properties that need to be configured on deployment,
where should these be put? you could put these in the application.properties
file and read these in from an Action class every time they are needed:
MessageResources mr = getResources(request);
String config = mr.getMessage("configuration.detail");

This seems inefficient. Is there a way to read these into some global
variables?