struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject RE: Request bean is lost
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:39:00 GMT
One solution is to point the input attribute value of the PageSubmit.do action mapping
to the Page.do action mapping thus re-retrieving the lists before displaying the page.

An alternative solution is to override the reset() of your action form so that it
retrieves the lists from the database and places them in the appropriate scope.

If the lists are composed of static data, you might consider retrieving them on
application start up and placing them in application scope (ServletContext) where
they will be available to all requests and then there would be no need to retrieve
them each time the page is displayed.

robert