struts-user mailing list archives

From gdesc...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca
Subject RE: Request bean is lost
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:03:55 GMT
My lists are specific to each user based on security attributes obtained
from the database.
Therefore, the application scope solution is not acceptable for these
lists.

If I go the first solution route, then I have my 3 Lists as part of the
Form bean.
The user selects from the list and submits the data.
If I set the imput to /Page.do wouldn't I lose the user's input?

- Glenn

"Robert Taylor" <rtaylor@mulework.com>
06/07/2004 02:39 PM

        cc:

        Subject:        RE: Request bean is lost
 Classification:

One solution is to point the input attribute value of the PageSubmit.do
action mapping
to the Page.do action mapping thus re-retrieving the lists before
displaying the page.

An alternative solution is to override the reset() of your action form so
that it
retrieves the lists from the database and places them in the appropriate
scope.

If the lists are composed of static data, you might consider retrieving
them on
application start up and placing them in application scope
(ServletContext) where
they will be available to all requests and then there would be no need to
retrieve
them each time the page is displayed.

robert