struts-user mailing list archives

From punee...@tcs.com
Subject Module and pages Behind WEB-INF don't work...???
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 06:48:34 GMT
I want to do both "hide my JSPs behind WEB-INF" and use "Struts modules".

and this does not work, I looked into the struts code. it does the
following

If the path of ActionForward starts with "/", it obtains the module prefix
and prefixes this to the path so...
If my path was say "/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it becomes
"/iny/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
( which is unwanted......I wanted..."/WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" )

but if the path of ActionForward does not start with "/", it leaves the
path as it is ( i.e. does not prefix the module-prefix)
but then the requested URI becomes like this

http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root><ActionForward-path>

instead of

http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>/<ActionForward-path>

so the problem is there is no slash - "/" before "<ActionForward-path>"

so if my path was "WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp" it searches for
"http://<ipaddress>:<port>/<web-context-root>WEB-INF/pages/INY0010S.jsp"
which gives error...Can anyone suggest the way out..?

or does this require a fix ? only a Quick resolution of this will be able
help.

Regards,
Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services