struts-user mailing list archives

From jthomp...@honda.co.nz
Subject Re: ActionErrors and ActionMessages
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 04:19:22 GMT

Please excuse the question - turns out I'm using Struts 1.1

Regards,
John

jthompson@honda.co.nz
Ph (09) 372-5010

|         |           jthompson@honda.c|
|         |           o.nz             |
|         |           26/07/2004 02:08 |
|         |           "Struts Users    |
|         |           Mailing List"    |

  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  ActionErrors and ActionMessages

I'm trying to use the saveErrors method in an Action class using
(request,actionMessages) as parameters, instead of (request,actionErrors)
which has been deprecated.
I keep getting the following error at compilation though:

saveErrors(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors)

 in org.apache.struts.action.Action cannot be applied to
(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages)

Any idea why the compiler is attempting to match to the wrong signature?

Regards,
John

jthompson@honda.co.nz
Ph (09) 372-5010