struts-user mailing list archives

From punee...@tcs.com
Subject Re: some best practices questions
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 03:45:27 GMT
One of our application had more than 300 screens, we used struts and most
of those screens had a drop-down list. We stored all of them in servlet
context, and every JSP got a copy of it in "pre-populate place holder".
The peak user load was abt 500, and its working just fine...!!!

Regards,
Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Mike Duffy <mduffy_lists@yahoo.com>
07/19/2004 11:14 PM

Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: some best practices questions

What do you think of caching static or semi-static data that applies to
all users (options in a
drop down list, etc.) in the application scope?

--- Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich.vic@portalvu.com> wrote:
> My comment would be that *data* caching should be done in the data layer

> (like ibatis, hibrenate, whatever).
> .V
>
> Pilgrim, Peter wrote:

CSFB