struts-user mailing list archives

From Christopher.Marsh-Bour...@ftid.com
Subject Re: big validation.xml
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 07:41:10 GMT
I'm in the same boat, up until now we've developed small Struts
applications (about 20 different sets of input/view forms).  Now we are
going to migrate an application which we wrote in our own framework to
Struts.  This contains about 300 separate input/view forms (a lot will be
reduced down due to re-usability of Struts over our own framework).  As
Dion asks, what is the best practice for projects of this size?

Cheers

Christopher Marsh-Bourdon

"Dionisius Purba" <Dionisius.Purba@mitrais.com>
01/07/2004 08:07

        cc:
        Subject:        big validation.xml

Hi all,

Struts-validator, or I guess it has become common-validator (?) is very
cool,
a lot of thanks for making life easier.
Because there are lots of entities in application that I'm developing,
more than 80,
the validation.xml file will be so big, roughly more than two thousands
line.

For such a big validation.xml, will there be effect in performance
in the JSP that utilize the validation.xml?
Are there any tips/best practices for such situation?

Thanks a lot in advance for any comments/suggestions.

~dion