struts-user mailing list archives

From punee...@tcs.com
Subject Re: JSP / ActionForm / Action design quesetion
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:35:00 GMT
I  agree with glenn,

my 2 c,

better use swing based client for your application.

Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

gdeschen@cmhc-schl.gc.ca
07/27/2004 04:47 PM

Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: JSP / ActionForm / Action design quesetion

Non technical advice. :)

Since I've been doing Web applications for some years now, one of the most

enduring processes is educating Users.
Web applications have many benefits as well as drawbacks, the User must
understand the differences and accept them.
You cannot always do what the 3270 terminal application or a client/server

application can do , you can be very very close!

But in the end the most diificult part is getting the User's to change
their habit.
After doing things the same way for 10-15 yrs good luck! Often I take the
time to review with the User the business process.
It is important to do it with the User, this way they get a sense of
creating, participating with the Web application and end up being more
receptive to changes.

In the end, Web applications sort of simplfy the process (as compared to
client/server applications) and ultimately make applications easier to
use.

- Glenn

Chuck Chopp <chuckchopp@rtfmcsi.com>
Sent by: news <news@sea.gmane.org>