struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Simplifying struts-config.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:48:43 GMT
At 6:16 PM -0400 7/8/04, Brian Alexander Lee wrote:
>Sounds like you should get a new xml editor if you care about file real
>estate.

I think Michael's implicit question is more about "does this really
have to be so redundant" -- not only does it take up a lot of
real-estate, but it's repetitive, and repetition is always something
better handled by software than people.

As has been discussed on this thread, I think that the wildcard path
mapping support added since Struts 1.1 should probably work for this.
I haven't used it a lot, but this seems to be exactly the use case
for that feature.

Joe

>BAL

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn
back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
    - Carlos Santana