struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject 1.2.1 to which Maven repo? (RE: [ANN] Struts 1.2.1 (Beta) Released)
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:07:32 GMT
At 11:34 AM +0200 7/12/04, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Will you deploy it and the struts-el on the apache maven repository?
>http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/struts/jars/

I would argue that it doesn't belong in that
location until it is voted a full GA release.
Then again, reviewing what seems to be the
"official" word on using the Apache repositories
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/39469),
it simply says that location is for "versioned
releases" as opposed to "nightly builds".

For what it's worth, I think that the intention
is not that Maven users would have
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/ as a
repository, but rather than they'd use iBiblio,
which is mirrored from that.  I don't know if
anyone feels strongly about it, but that's how I
read the previously cited email.

If we don't put Struts 1.2.1 on iBiblio, we
should definitely put it at
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/java-repository/

I'll do either one, but I'll wait to see if a few
opinions roll in before taking action.

Joe

>I have built it from cvs sources with maven and the size is not the same.
>
>Regards
>
>Carlos Sanchez
>A Coruña, Spain
>
>Oness Project
>http://oness.sourceforge.net

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love
Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the
wrong place."
    - Carlos Santana