struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: OT: RE: Spring or Tapestry Framework
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:56:00 GMT
At 4:19 PM -0400 7/7/04, DGraham@EvergreenInvestments.com wrote:

>Also, I'm sure Rod's new book includes solutions that leverage
>Spring:
> http://www.bookpool.com/.x/h9a6d8t7p6/ss/1?qs=EJB+without+J2EE&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
>
>BTW, BookPool has this book at 50% off, saving 7.19 over Amazons
>price.  That's just crazy.

Especially because they're asking $10 more for the 2003 predecessor
which is presumably obsoleted by this!

In case anyone is still asking the original question that spawned
this thread, note that Tapestry is a more elaborate framework which
probably is an alternative to Struts, not something you'd use with
Struts.  At least, I've never heard of anyone doing that.

HiveMind is a piece of Tapestry which has been factored out and which
more accurately "peers" to Spring -- although Spring has an MVC layer
which "peers" to Tapestry and Struts.  Yes, confusing.  Still, I
think at the level at which the original question targetted, a more
accurate comparison would be between Spring and HiveMind.

I have no experience with HiveMind.  I've been pretty happy using
Spring as a lightweight configuration management tool for wiring
together beans at initialization time.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska