struts-user mailing list archives

From Bill Siggelkow <bills...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: OT: exporting data as .csv in Struts webapp
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:18:05 GMT
Try something like this little servlet:

import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.PrintWriter;

import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

public class CsvServlet extends HttpServlet {

     protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response)
             throws ServletException, IOException {
         doPost(request, response);
     }
     protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response)
             throws ServletException, IOException {
         response.setContentType("text/csv");
         PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
         out.write("Every,good,boy,does,fine\r\n");
         out.write("face,in,the,space,dude\r\n");
         out.flush();
     }
}