struts-user mailing list archives

From Bill Siggelkow <bills...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: JSP / ActionForm / Action design quesetion
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:00:17 GMT
Chuck,

I am not trying to be condescending but, your question is really about
how browsers process HTML and not about JSP. You can learn alot from a
book like "HTML - The Definitive Guide". For me personally, I read this
book before I started coding JSPs and it was a big help. Here is an
online link that can help

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html

Specifically, I don't think that a browser will auto tab to the next
field when it reaches the size -- you can set a size limit on <input
type="text"> fields. You can do per keystroke type processing with
JavaScript event handlers -- you'll probably need to go down this road.

As far as "accelerator or hot keys" -- HTML supports these through the
accesskey attribute. The link I provided above has the details.

Good Luck!

Bill Siggelkow