struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Close <acl...@gmail.com>
Subject Why does <html:submit> work differently than <html:link action="">?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:20:01 GMT
hi all,

i'm still struggling with form submission.  i would prefer to use
links on the page to submit my form instead of a 'submit button'.  but
i'm unable to get the correct functionality to work.  when submitting
with the submit button all my hidden fields are slurped up and
populated on the next page correctly.  however, when using <html:link>
i'm only able to get one of the values from my hidden fields slurped
up.  the others remain blank...
using the debugger in my action form i only see one of the three set
methods getting called even though all three hidden fields are inside
the form and are populated.  i am using the <html:hidden> field. ;)
any thoughts?  i'm sure there are others that use links on forms
instead of buttons.  what are you doing?

thanks
andy