struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Close <acl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why does <html:submit> work differently than <html:link action="">?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:13:38 GMT
> The form is being submitted to wherever the <form says, regardless of method used to
submit.  So, action and forward are entirely inappropriate to use for the link in this case.
 They have nothing to do with the what you want to do, which is submit the form using javascript.
 What was happening, in your case, was the onclick was firing the submit and then you were
being sent to the link,  and things got confused.

ok, that was probably part of my problem.  i also think i was asking
the wrong question (as well as blindly replying to ppls posts trying
to help them understand what i was doing. :)

the one thing i'm still fuzzy with is why would the actionform only
populate with one of the three hidden field values?  only the one that
was being set via the javascript showed up on the next page.  did the
action servlet drop the page and only take the javascript value that
was handed to it?  of is there something else happening behind the
scenes with action and forward that i just don't see yet?
i'm just curious.  i'd like to understand better how everything ties
together (and works).

thanks again.

andy