struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Display Arabic Data in Database in JSP
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:28:28 GMT
On 28 Jul 2004 04:15:07 -0000, Prakasan  OK <ok_prakasan@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Once again thanks a lot for ur prompt reply.
> can u tell me what is the encoding i should use to display the content in arabic and
english in the same jsp page? It would be really helpful if u can give me a sample code snippet.

If the browser used by your client supports it (which most modern
browsers do), your best bet is probably UTF-8.  This is what the
standard Struts example application uses, and it can successfully
display both English and languages like Japanese and Russian.

To request this encoding for your pages, include the following sort of
declaration at the top of each JSP page:

  <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" %>

> Thanks,
>

> Prakasan

Craig McClanahan